But for now there was this, and it was enough, it was more than they could have hoped for: the two of them in their stone corner, their dark clothes bleeding into the dusk, lights being kindled across the city, and a few pale stars in the sky
Am writing the death of a very sick four year old and sometimes I hate myself.
ONCE YOU GET THIS YOU HAVE TO SHARE SIX RANDOM FACTS ABOUT YOURSELF AND THEN TAG 10 OF YOUR FOLLOWERS
I was tagged by ronnie-peterson (and I just tagged somebody! Claps for the slow learner!)
1. I’ve known I wanted to be a geophysicist since I was eight (or something like that), although I didn’t know that was what it was called then. I just knew I wanted to study the earth and volcanoes and earthquakes and rocks.
2. I’ve known I wanted to be a writer since I was six, because my year two teacher read my three page ‘When Mr Happy was sad’ story, and my arch nemesis told her it wasn’t a proper story and my teacher said it was creative and good. Being a writer meant beating my enemies, and even as a child I was into that.
3. I’m a ghoul.
4. I missed the beginning of my end of college party because I was meeting Eoin Colfer, who wished me luck for the future! The creator of Artemis Fowl (a huge influence on my writing) wished me luck for the future.
5. My first ever novel, which I’ve been working on for nearly four years, is about a mute French ‘terrorist’. He’s a nice guy.
6. I was in a steel pan and samba band for four years. I loved it and only left when I left school.
Please don’t make me tag people…
You only live twice or so it seems. One life for yourself and one for your dreams